In this section you will find Catholic websites related with the respect and defense of human lives wherever they are threatened.
The Sisters of Life is a contemplative / active religious community of women founded for the protection and enhancement of the sacredness of every human life.
What they do:
- Welcome pregnant guests to live with us in the Holy Respite of one of our convents
- Assist pregnant women in need of practical assistance through our Visitation Mission
- Host retreats at Villa Maria Guadalupe Retreat Center
- Invite those who have suffered abortion to hope and healing through day and weekend Entering Canaan Retreats
- Direct the New York Archdiocesan Family Life / Respect Life Office
On one level, Priests for Life refers to a very specific effort to galvanize the clergy to preach, teach, and mobilize their people more effectively in the effort to end abortion and euthanasia.
On another level, Priests for Life represents a family of ministries that reach and enrich every aspect of the pro-life movement, for clergy and laity alike, in a wide variety of activities. This has come to pass precisely because priests are not ordained for themselves, but for the people. So in activating clergy, we are activating all the segments of the Church, the pro-life movement, and the wider society in the defense of life.
The Secretariat of Pro-Life Activities, under the guidance and direction of the Committee on Pro-Life Activities, works to teach respect for all human life from conception to natural death, and organize for its protection.
To serve this goal they:
- Develop educational material on pro-life issues
- Conduct educational campaigns in the Church – e.g.,
Respect Life Program that begins on the first Sunday of each October
- Conduct educational campaigns in the public square – radio, print, exhibit.
- Circulate fact sheets and other information on critical issues.
- Publish Life Issues Forum, a biweekly column for Catholic newspapers
- Publish Life Insight newsletter.
- Encourage and enable programs to meet the needs of pregnant women, children, persons with disabilities, those who are sick or dying, and all who have been involved in abortion.
- Provide dioceses with pro-life liturgical suggestions each month.
- Coordinate/advise on public policy efforts concerning these issues.
- Assist dioceses to implement major pro-life programs.
It is the largest grassroots Catholic pro-life education organization in the United States. ALL is committed to the protection of all innocent human beings from the moment of creation to death. It is rooted in pro-life integrity that stands up for every innocent human being whose life is threatened by what Pope John Paul II called "the culture of death." That ranges from the single cell human embryo to the elderly, the infirm and others at risk of having their life terminated by acts of euthanasia. The pro-life position notes that neither abortion nor euthanasia can ever be medically necessary or morally permitted.
LifeNews.com also acts as a service provider to furnish news content to media that share the pro-life perspective. The topics covered by LifeNews.com include abortion, assisted suicide and euthanasia, bioethics issues such as human cloning and stem cell research, campaigns and elections, and cultural legal and legislative issues as they affect the pro-life community.
Join the new media evangelization. Your tax-deductible gift allows Catholic.net to build a culture of life in our nation and throughout the world. Please help us promote the Church's new evangelization by donating to Catholic.net right now. God bless you for your generosity.
|Print Article||Email Friend||Palm Download||Forums||Questions||More in this Channel||Up|
Write a comment on this article|