6th and 9th Commandments - The Sexual Commandments (Part One of Two Parts)
What is the Church’s position on the 6th and 9th Commandments? Why are the Commandments listed in two different places in the Bible?
by Daniel E. Mayne, Sr., MA | Source: SaintPaulMinistries.net
In part one of a two part series we will examine the following topics, the difference between the Commandments given on Mt. Sinai and the ones in Deuteronomy.
1. Jewish thinking about property rights and marital rights.
2. Jesus view on the permanence of marriage.
3. Unchastity and the forms of chastity.
4. The difference between fornication and adultery.
5. Masturbation and contraception.
6. Homosexuality – What does Scripture Say?
7. What does the Catechism, the official teaching of the Church say?
8. Natural Family Planning
To watch Part 2 click here.
If you would like a high resolution PowerPoint suitable for re-presentation to groups please visit www.SaintPaulMinistries.net all the presentations are free. It is our hope that you will share these PowerPoints with everyone you think would benefit from them.
Also see www.SaintPaulMinistries.net for high resolution PowerPoints weekly readings by clicking on Weekly Readings and Illustration tab, and as always the materials are free.”
Join the new media evangelization. Your tax-deductible gift allows Catholic.net to build a culture of life in our nation and throughout the world. Please help us promote the Church's new evangelization by donating to Catholic.net right now. God bless you for your generosity.
||Published by: Mike
|Date: 2010-05-25 21:59:32
Excellent, excellent explanations. I would like to share these with others.